Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A New Song
by Rita Springer
Recently I have released some new songs. I'm not going through a record label on this one. I'm releasing them as singles. I'm also recording them in a way that has the church (or rather, the body of Christ), putting in their support. It's a whole new adventure in what I call a "getting out of the boat" approach. This process takes longer, costs more emotionally but I think the end result is turning out to be very much a God thing.

Within the past year or so I have been writing and pushing myself lyrically out on the edge of something new, as opposed to maintaining what has already been done. My desire is to stay understanding and encouraging to a culture coming of age behind me. In fact, I'm overwhelmed at the amount of talent artistically of those in their teens and 20's. They are a true explosion occurring.

I had this carpet cleaner come to my house and my 4 year old son Justice was banging wildly upstairs on the drums. The carpet cleaner rolled his eyes and said, "That must drive you crazy?" It was then that Justices' loud, crazy drumming, came into the forefront. I simply smiled at the guy and said, "Not at all." I'm okay with the loud banging to get to whatever is underneath. Justice may never end up as a professional drummer but he'll be raised in a house that believes he always has a new song to bang out. Don't hear me wrong either. Being okay with the loudness of his playing has nothing to do for me, with rebellion. Maybe past generations have failed here. I do think there is a balance to letting a child freely express their gifts, while teaching them the way they should go. My hope is that Justice will not depart from the Lord in whatever he does. I just want him to know, I'm okay with how he plays it!

I believe we are in a season to do something that has never been done before. The scriptures tell us to sing a new song, (Psalm 33). Isaiah 54 tells us to even sing if barren. Revelation 5:9 tells of a new song heaven's creatures sing based on the Lamb sent to save us.
It isn't easy. I have felt so much resistance in this season to push forward. I have had to make huge conscious efforts to believe that things will work out even though it looks like they actually might kill any belief I have left. I have refused to give up. Maybe it's because I've maintained standards that are not religious but are rooted in deep relationship with God. I care what He thinks of me and I care how I make Him famous. I think he loves my obedience in the flash of a moment as well in the process of walking things out. I have had a possible minor revelation that getting to the new song means really laying down the old.
Isaiah 42:8-10 says "See, the former things have taken place and new things I declare; before they spring into being I announce them to you. Sing a new song." So, basically the former thing has taken place but something new is coming. In this revelation I have opted to sing a new thing, live a new way, hope with different intent, believe with belief! I'm not speaking music exclusive, although because I am a musician I write in terms of music.

Recently I suffered the loss of a house I had been trying to sell for 5 years. It was devastating. The way it all ended was not the way I imagined, prayed, or had been prophesied it would. I spent months in confusion and felt my theology rattling. I had to go after God in a way I never had. The way I was accustomed to cry out, was no longer making sense. That means, I had to go after him when I wanted nothing to do but run from the thought. I had to find something new even in the confusion as I lay down the old. It didn't matter how God didn't come, it mattered how I would bring him with me through the present and future of what lay ahead. Until I laid down the former, I could not step into the new thing.

Unfortunately, this did not look all fresh and new and birds were not singing as I walked into that new thing. The result did not have a natural release. There were consequences even beyond what I felt I deserved. The burden of worry over the house not selling for 5 years had more weight to it then just laying it down with the expectations and the innocent beliefs of what I thought God was going to do in it. I had to sing "HELP", with a different melody. Now, God is talking to me about pure trust. (that's' another blog)

may not be such a painful journey for many others. Maybe laying the "it" of your life down is followed by the tweeting of birds and glorious sounds. It's not like that though for most of us. . I had to get out of the boat and learn to walk on water, even if I really sank to the bottom trying to do it. By sinking, I mean really siiiinnnnnking! God sometimes allows that in case you thought he didn't. But isn't the sound of someone trying to walk on water worth more (and a bit more hilarious) then someone staying in a boat rowing?

These are just my thoughts. If your stuck in life with a God that didn't come through for your situation or if you know your supposed to be doing and risking it all for what is to come.....sing a new song. Birds might not be tweeting away when you do but I can guarantee you God is smiling HUGE and clutching his chest with love for you!
Rita

6 comments:

  1. WOW! This post is so powerful and exactly where our family is right now! Thank you for putting into words what I have been sensing, but couldn't completely grab ahold of!

    We are going to Fuse tonight.I hope this word makes its way into the evening ~ I'd love to have my husband hear it from you rather than me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. **Tears** this is so perfectly timed for my life and where I am. Thanks for sharing your heart/thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rita~ I can totally relate to this, especially "stuck in life ... situation."
    I have come to the conclusion of 2 choices-1. run to God or 2. run away. I choose to run to Him.

    I am a new blogger, can I add you to my bloggroll?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey lady! i am so excited that you're blogging. that's really great.

    as always, you said so many things that hit me right where i am. you are a tremendous and constant blessing in my journey. thank you, rita, for being who you are and doing what you do.

    miss you!
    jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Rita, yesterday I've been celebrating my pastors' birthdays and suddenly their 4 years old son came with the guitar. Of course he does not know technics on the guitar, but he was so happy when his dad who is musician started to sing a song on Samuel's tunes, this came out somehow amazingly great!!!

    It is like you say Justice bangs his new songs somehow, not knowing it yet. It is like God asking to do something: dance or sing something, and sometimes I don't know how and what. But He knows it!!!

    What an adventure to be a mom, huh? Now since I don't have a little life around here I enjoy being aunt for Samuel and Emmanuela. Not for gaining something, but to see the beauty...

    God's perfection is in all His creation. He created you and me, He created Justice, Samuel and Emmanuela. He knows time...

    Love you,
    Liliana

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was during my research on HIV/Herpes that I stumbled upon the Hiv/Herpes information; information which is quite easy to find when doing a search for STD on google. I was into conspiracy at the time thought of HIV/Herpes Cured' being a conspiracy was something Ignorance though,I found pretty interesting about herbal medicine. I asked questions about the Herbal cure's on official HIV/Herpes websites and I was banned for doing so by moderators who told me that I was parroting Hiv/Herpes propaganda. This reinforced my belief that there is a cure for Hiv/Herpes Then i found a lady from germany name Achima Abelard Dr Itua Cure her Hiv so I send him a mail about my situation then talk more about it and send me his herbal medicine I drank for two weeks.And today I'm Cured no Hiv/Herpes in my life,I searched for Hiv/Herpes groups to attempt to make contact with people in order to learn more about Hiv/Herpes Herbal Cure's I believed at this time that you with the same disease this information is helpful to you and I wanted to do the best I could to spread this information in the hopes of helping other people.That Dr Itua Herbal Medicine makes me believes there is a hope for people suffering from,Parkinson's,Alzheimer’s disease,Bechet’s disease,Crohn’s disease
    ,Cushing’s disease,Heart failure,Multiple Sclerosis,Hypertension,Colo_Rectal Cancer,Lyme Disease,Blood Cancer,Brain Cancer,Breast Cancer,Lung Cancer,Kidney Cancer,disease,Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Infertility, ,Epilepsy ,Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpes,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Copd,Diabetes,Hepatitis,I read about him online how he cure Tasha and Tara,Conley,Mckinney and many more suffrin from all kind of disease so i contacted him . He's a herbal doctor with a unique heart of God, Contact Emal..info@drituaherbalcenter.com / drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Phone or whatsapp..+2348149277967.

    ReplyDelete